Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Where to go near New York as a student with little free time.

To Max, I've always felt that the life of a student in New York is always a rush and hustle and bustle that never stops. But, fortunately, one day I managed to escape from this explosive cocktail of city life and go on a short trip. After finding a few free days in my schedule, I was looking for a place to escape to for a couple of days to recharge.

The choice was not so difficult. After a little research, I realized that the Catskill Mountains in New York State were just what I needed. They were a convenient distance from the city and provided a great opportunity to enjoy nature, a break from the hustle and bustle of the city and a little relaxation.

I packed only the essentials, throwing a couple of t-shirts and shorts into my backpack, and set off on this journey. After several hours of driving, I could already feel how the city noise was replaced by the peace of the mountain melody.

Arriving at the village at the foot of the Catskills, I was incredibly relieved. The feeling that time stood still was a wonderful antidote to the stress of city life. I spent a few nights in a simple guest house that felt like a cozy home away from my usual scraps of life.

My days in the mountains were filled with walks in the green forests and climbs to the peaks, from where there were amazing views. I felt like I was coming back to myself, opening new pages in my life.

And how far did you ride as a student?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

Dnnnnnn | 2 weeks ago
3 likes

Boatsie, is that you?

Latest Comments